Colt SAA with Crown Damage

baddarryl

How much should crown and muzzle damage deduct from the value of nothing special shooter grade SAA? Thinking of getting one if the price is right. May need to be trimmed and re crowned.

Thanks

44 AMP

Staff
Just as a general rule, I feel that, if you buy something "as is", then the cost of needed repairs is on you.

HOWEVER, the expense of those repairs should be reflected by a compensating
reduction in the purchase price. Otherwise, don't buy it.

Pahoo

All depends on amount of damage.

How much should crown and muzzle damage deduct from the value of nothing special shooter grade SAA?
By my measure, it should deduct from the selling price but there are many factors that need to be evaluated and more than one way to recrown. I have recrowned a number of firearm but have never gotten over my head. I've even had to recrown a few new firearms. I print the crowns as needed. ....... :)

You have not defined the degree of damage and that might help some. Again, by my measure the heart of any firarm, is the barrel. Also, for severe damage, they hake recrowning tools...;)

Good luck and;
Be Safe !!!

Seedy Character

What they said

No different than buying anything else. Determine worth of item, deduct cost of repair..
Standard Colt is $1500, for example, recrown is $250. Top dollar would be $1250. I would deduct my time and trouble for having to get repairs done; offer $1100 and negotiate from there.

Determine what the item is worth to YOU.