Colt Pocket Nine $589 New?

Chan Bates

Improved Pocket Nine

Since these guns are no longer being produced, this price, although high, may be justified if you are sure this is the gun you want, I assume for concealed carry. Are you sure it is really new?

The Pocket Nine has a tough trigger, can have a fairly rough action, and benefits from better sights and grips and other upgrades. Spare mags can be a problem also.

I have had a number of mini-Colts and liked them--Colt Gov't .380; Colt Pony (DAO) .380 and I now have a Colt Pocket Nine customized by Scott Macdougal with two extra mags I may be willing to part with, and I live in Utah.

Interested? CB3

Coltdriver

The Colt Pocket Nine is a very nice carry piece, however, I just sold mine because you can not get parts for them. I understand that there were only about 6000 of them made and they are definitely becoming collectable. Mine sold for $525.00, it was like new in the box.

You can get mags and they are not too pricey.

But if you shoot the gun much you will wear out the slide return spring and there is no replacement easily available.

The Kahr MP 9 is the same size and is functionally equivalent, ie 15 ounces empty and nearly the same dimensions. If you really want a practical small carry 9mm, take a look at it.