Colt Officer's Model Match or S&W K-22?

dalpra

Someone once told me that men (and enlightened women) were born with either a Colt gene or a S&W gene. Nothing you could do about it. Fate and genetics. Now, I've always considered myself a Colt man, but recently I'm feeling a bit schitzophrenic. I think I may be secretly craving an old S&W K-22 (6" barrel, say from the 50s/60s). :eek: However, my Colt gene keeps telling me to buy an Officer's Model Match. So, what's it to be? Any recommendations?

Randy63

I was born with the S & W gene. You can't beat the K 22. I have a 5 screw from 1948. My father passed it on to me. There's at least 100,000 rounds through it and its still tight as a drum and very accurate.
Lately I've been craving a Diamondback. Does that mean I'm schizophrenic?

Randy

C.R.Sam

I used to use both brands, and kinda gravitated toward Smith till the agreement. The older Smiths and Colts seemed to both be good. Differences more between individual guns than brands.

Sam

Radicalcleric

Had to check the list to see whether I am S&W inclined or Colt predisposed. Found that I currently own 15 Smiths and 15 Colts. Hmmm... What now? I also have both an Officer's Model Target and a K-22. Give either up? No way!

9mmepiphany

hmmm...i have a k-22 and a diamondback too, the smith is a 6" and the diamondback is a 4". the k-22 is more accurate in SA but the diamondback in DA is more accurate than the smith...must be the action job i had done.

i had the 4" m-18 but it just didn't hang right. also had the 6" diamondback but the front sight was so short that i always had a heck of a time finding it.

:rolleyes:

i think i have a colt gene but only a smith pocketbook ;)

Wasatch Pete

Colt or Smith?

I have a 6" K22 Smith & Wesson in .22WRM, A 4" Combat Masterpiece in .22LR, and a Colt Officer's Model Match in .22LR. all from the sixties. I would'nt part with any of them. Take your pick...