Colt Officer Question

epic4444

Hello, i just picked up a NIB stainless steel Colt Officers Model, its all original never fired. My question is do the Officer and Defender have the same frame? and are the magazines the same for both? and who makes the best parts for the officers model, looking to possibly add a bigger trigger and a commander hammer thanks.

heres a picture of what i just got, its mint except it has a pretty bad idiot mark from the last owner trying to take it apart for the first time, but its never been fired.

4261.jpg

Last edited:

dreamweaver

who makes the best parts for the officers model, looking to possibly add a bigger trigger and a commander hammer thanks.

brownells has a good selection. i use their 1911 catalogue as an idea book for projects.

KyJim

To explicitly answer one of your questions, the guns take the same magazines. These are usually referred to as either Officer sized or Compact sized. Traditionally, these were six rounders but now seven rounders are common.

Tom2

I had a stainless enhanced officers once, sweet little pistol, not hard to shoot. I remember getting some kind of improved barrel bushing setup somewhere to install on it. Can't remember the details but there was supposedly some issue with the factory bushing and plug? I had a Bar Sto barrel put in mine. Very accurate for a short gun after that was fit, and it was totally reliable. It might be a keeper among small 1911's.

epic4444

ya in the photo it doesnt seem to have a idiot mark but trust me in person the marks there and bold, but thanks for the input i might go with a Videki trigger and a commander hammer to give it the look i want.