Colt Night Officer's Model - Photos

BillCA

I just picked up a Colt 1911 and thought I'd share it with the members. My apologies for the low quality of the photos, rush job. :D

This is a Colt Night Officer's model - One of 350 made for Lew Horton in the 90's. It's a Combat Commander frame with an officer's model slide & barrel, plus night sights. Finish is a matte black/parkerizing. Grips are Houge finger grooves. Surprisingly, this gun balances pretty well and it handles & points much like the Colt Defender.

I've seen the values of the Night Officer's II & III on some of the auction boards. Anyone know what one of the original versions should be worth?

NO_0112.JPG

Colt Night Officer's model - Profile

NO_0102.JPG

Night Officer's Model - Houge grips, Night Sights, slightly extended thumb safety.

NO_0117.JPG

Slide closeup

tex45acp

Darn I have been trying to make mine a Night Gun and I could have bought one...... :eek:

Take a look at my project that started as a GI WWII Version.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Champ Side.jpg
    Champ Side.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,053
  • Champ Front.jpg
    Champ Front.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,673
  • Champ Rear.jpg
    Champ Rear.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,632
Last edited:

boa2

Mayby your eyesite is bad(No pun intended!)? I think that this Night Officer's Model, is quite a good looking piece! :p

BillCA

I'll admit the quality of the photos isn't good. It's a matte black finish actually. The photos were done on a blue background and I think it caused the pics to show a sort of gray or greenish tint.

Tex45ACP - That's a fine looking Champion you have! Who did the beveling work on the slide? Who's grips are those? They're very nice.