Colt New Agent DAO

Shadi Khalil

I have allot of questions myself. I had no idea they even still made guns. im really curious about the trigger weight.

Last edited:
This gun was the first thing I noticed when looking at Shot Show news.

DSC02147.jpg

Spenser

I bet Para-Ordinance's legal department is scrutinizing that thing VERY carefully.....:D

Just kidding. I guess it's not like Colt didn't make the Pony, Double Eagle & the Pocket 9 that probably use a similar DAO system.

I've always found it funny that throughout its history, Colt revolutionizes the industry, then stubbornly fails to keep up with the demands of the market, goes broke (or almost), then comes back again, just managing to miss the mark by a little bit each time they try and play catch-up. I hope they break that cycle, but it seems like they're out to do it again. This looks like a bigger Pocket 9.

I wish that thing had sights on it, and a couple of safeties. Gee, sounds like.....................A Para-Ordinance.....;)

RickB

Actually, the reason Colt cancelled the Pony and P9 was due to legal action taken by Kahr, who claimed (wrongly, it seemed to me) that the pistols' designs "borrowed" a patented design feature. I, too, thought the New Agent looked a little too much like a LDA, so asked that specific question of the Colt guys at the SHOT show. It is not the same. The NA has a small sideplate set in the side of the frame, a la DA rovolver, to cover the lockwork, and less of the frame rail is cut away to accommodate the trigger mechanism. The lockwork can be adapted to other frame sizes, so if it proves popular, we may see DA Defenders, Commanders, etc. The trigger pull wasn't bad. I have compared it to the LDA that I tried when they first came out, and that's the way it feels; like maybe it could use a bit more development before it hits dealers' shelves.

Spenser

That does sound promising. I hope they pull it off. That's a classic name that doesn't deserve to fall off into obscurity.