Colt Mustang Problem....Help!

Jonpod

I field stripped the mustang to clean. While I was brushing out the lint and dust along the rails of the frame a small arched metal piece sprang up near rear of the slide. I pushed it down and now it won't go back to the same spot that I first noticed it(I didn't force it ever). This part appears to be pinned at its base near the safety lever on the left side or the frame. It is swinging up and down and prevents me from fully inserting the magazine. Is anyone familiar with this problem and if not, does anyone know where I could look at a diagram to figure this one out?

Jonpod

Never mind...

... I figured it out. I had to use a screw driver to press in the main spring to allow this part to pivot back to its proper position...whew. My daily "work" carry gun is back to normal.

johnwill

I've had my oldest Mustang for many years, but I remember the panic when that damned little thing lever got jammed the first time. :)

ctc

Funny thing is the original manual that came with my steel mustang had no words of cation about the ejector getting pushed down and how to "correct it". But I had it sent back to colt for service and they sent a new manual back that included step by step instructions on how fix a "Reversed Ejector". When I got a pocketlite recently it had the "new" manual. And yea me too, I really started sweating when I did the same thing, it took me 20 minutes to remember seeing the problem in the "new" manual.

-- Chuck