colima

I currently own six .357 magnum pistols:

S&W M27 (new to me - I love it)
S&W 686+
S&W 66
Ruger SP101
Dan Wesson M15
Colt King Cobra

I'm wondering if I shouldn't sell off the King Cobra.
I haven't fired it for several years.

I wanted to get some opinions from the list regarding the King Cobra before I decide for sure whether or not to sell it. (I already know that many members regret ever selling ANY gun.)

Any idea what current market value might be?

JohnK

I rather liked the couple King Cobras I've shot, but haven't ever owned one. Since Colt stopped making them several years ago I'd say keep it unless you really need the money. I've always regretted selling guys in the past, selling one that isn't made any longer just makes it harder to replace if (when) you change your mind.

RogerC

I had a King Cobra a few years back. It was a good gun. Nothing exceptional. My 686 had a better DA trigger. The 686 stayed, the KC went bye-bye.

Now, it seems that I should have held on to it. I see some pretty premium prices for King Cobras these days. They are not even close to Pythons in quality, but I've seen some go for only a couple hindred less, in new condition. $650. Pretty good considering when I bought mine I paid $325 for it back in 1988.

Of the guns you list, I wouldn't sell any of them. They all have their merits, either for shootability or for collectability.

The only one I have not shot is the Dan.

The 686+ and the Ruger are probably the easiest to replace.