Colt Detective Special Problem

epic4444

i have a newer colt detective special and im having a problem with the ejector rod coming loose and the barrel loosing when i shoot...ive read that Blue Loctite works good for the ejector rod but idk bout the barrel...after shooting about 12 rounds the barrel begins to loosen slightly...stop the gun from opening until i twist it tight again...what can i do to fix this

Dfariswheel

The loose ejector rod can be repaired with a SMALL dab of Loctite Blue, (temporary type) thread locker.

A loose barrel requires a Colt qualified gunsmith.
The "usual" reason a Colt barrel unscrews under recoil is because someone switched barrels and didn't do it right.

People have the idea that revolver parts like barrels and cylinders can just be "dropped in" like most automatic parts.
They can't.
Revolver parts like barrels are extensively hand fitted and adjusted.
What happens is, some non-gunsmith decides to switch barrels for some reason, then is surprised to find the new barrel won't screw on right.
Either it screws on too far, or not far enough.
In the case of too far, they just back it off and hope it stays put.

Real problem is, these non-qualified people often fail to get the other barrel fitting steps done right either.

My suggestion: Send the gun in to Colt for a proper repair and a check-out.
Few to NO local gunsmiths these days have the special Colt frame "wrench" and barrel vise setup to work on them.
To many will attempt using "expedient" tools and will actually make things worst, or even ruin your gun.

Hint: Putting Loctite or epoxy on the barrel in the hopes it will "fix things"....won't.