Colt Delta Elite 10mm

Deaf Smith

Just saw one at a pawn shop. Stainless, excellent cond., older style with regular grip safety with small upturn in the middle, regular safety, and sights.

$899.

Comes with Colt box, papers, and spare mag.

Good deal?

Deaf

RickB

That's about $100 cheaper than a new one.
Some would say the new gun's sights, beavertail, extended safety, etc., is worth another $100, but I look at it the other way; your customizing options are less limited with the basic Delta from 2009-2016, as it is more of a blank canvas and you can make whatever mods you want with nothing that can't be undone.
I really don't like the cocking serrations on new Colts, and while it might not be a big deal, if I'm going to have $1000 invested in a gun, I'd prefer to not have features that I don't like.
Not everyone looks at a new gun as a project.

agtman

What's the round count? :rolleyes:

Ask for a 3-day "inspection" period and a range "test-firing" session so you can vet reliability with 50-rds minimum. If they agree, they'll likely insist on those rounds being factory ammo, not reloads, which is reasonable.

However, if they roll their eyes and balk at inspection and test-fitting, be prepared to walk out with your middle finger held up high and hard.

Refusal means they're likely trying to sell you a "problem" gun for $899. Been there, done that. :rolleyes: