Colt Customer Service

I'm in possession of what I believe is a 3rd gen Colt SA .45. It was a commemorative run, back in the 70s I believe, that was made for each state. I was recently given one by my grandmother previously owned by my grandfather. He shot it, but never used it extensively, so it has been in the safe for almost thirty years, with monthly cleanings. Many of these came from the factory in very rough shape, including mine. The barrel appears to have been over-torqued and there is a bulge in the barrel, only apparent when slugging the barrel, and the front sight leans slightly to the left as a result (no, the sight has not been bent.) The cylinder throats are also different sizes. Colt customer service has agreed to look at the pistol but stated that the most they could probably do is replace the barrel, if that. Those of you who have dealt with Colt Customer Service before, perhaps you can tell me what I should expect, and if I should even bother sending the pistol in to be examined.

Jim Watson

Colt has told you the limit of their support.
What more do you want?
A cylinder with uniform throats is going to be a matter of luck or a custom job reamed if undersize, rebored from a smaller caliber if oversize.

I think a beat up commemorative is the least valuable of the type, but being Grandpa's Gun it is worth the barrel at least.