Colt Cobra snubbie

18DAI

I picked up an old Colt Cobra 38 snubbie today. Nice light weight revolver. Lighter than a J-frame, and has one more round on tap. IMHO, it will make a nice deep concealment revo.

Anyone recommend some nice aftermarket grips?

How about concealment leather? Regards 18DAI.

gvf

I have Detective Special. They are great guns, and the Cobra, as far as I know, is just the light-weight version) (http://www.gunsandammomag.com/classics/ct0507/)

I either IWB mine in a Clipdraw in the summer, ( You'd use "Universal Clipdraw for your Colt: http://www.clipdraw.com/) or other times an Alessi Talon or Talon Plus. These are superb, thin, molded to the gun, stiffened leather that retains its shape and needs no hammer-retainer. Only problem is the often long wait to have it made. I live in area where Alessi has his shop, and bought two that were ready to go (the other for a Colt Python). Here's a website for info and ordering, the shop has no website, he has no need of one, always busy... http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/dept.asp?dept_id=10

Here's his shop number, maybe he'll have one in stock: (716) 691-5615

They are $60 by the way, worth every penny and more.

unit 900

Here's my warm weather carry, well used Cobra of 1969 vintage.

I have yet to find a better grip combination than the originals and a Tyler T Grip. It offers a good shooting grip and adds no bulk to aid in concealment. I use the Safariland 27-01 IWB. It has an easy to use J hook and is cost effective. Good luck in your search.

cobra.jpg

pogo2

Colt Cobra grips

I have the very similar Colt Detective Special, and it wears Hogue monogrips in mesquite wood:

IMG_1667.jpg

DMMikey

Want a Cobra bad enough that I can taste it. I love the Detective Special, and the weight is great when I'm shooting a lot at the range. The gun is really accurate for a snubby. Just wish it was a little lighter for pocket carry. Yes, I do think Colt is missing the boat for not producing them now!
I like the trigger much better than that of a S&W j frame.

cocojo

I love the original factory grip with the tyler grip adapter pre 72 guns. Agents and Cobra's are great handguns.

18DAI

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate the assistance.

gvf - Thanks for the info!

Pogo2 - Beautiful Cobra. I misssed out on a similar Cobra last month. I should have purchased it on the spot, rather than thinking about buying it overnight.

DMMIKEY - They had one Cobra left on Friday. $285 + shipping. Arringtons Police Supply, (336)333-9089. I'm not affiliated with the company, just a satisfied customer. Good luck with your search!

Regards 18DAI.

DMMikey

18dai Thanks! Now I gotta find an FFL around here that will cooperate!
I really didn't want to spend my stimulus check, but....

18DAI

DMMIKEY - Be advised that the one Cobra left looks a little rough, but timed well, and locked up tight. It's finish is a little more weathered than the Cobra in Unit 900's photo. Regards 18DAI.