Colt Cobra Question??

FireForged

Hey Gang! I own a Colt Cobra 38 2" revolver w/ nickel finish. The pistol has been in the family for a long time and has only had 50 rounds fired thorugh it. I have been trying to find a out what this pistol is worth but I cant seem to find a listing for nickel finsih. Anyone have an idea what its worth of have any info on this gun? Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by FireForged (edited December 22, 1999).]

Grayfox

You might try posting this in Harley Nolden's forum. This is a new one on me, I never knew the Cobra was made with a nickel finish.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Hi folks,

I don't know what a small fortune is, but in the case of a new-condition nickel Cobra, it is about $500, less for the later variation with the shrouded ejector. The Cobra came out in 1950 and is a light weight version of the old Detective Special. The first version was made until 1972, then replaced in 1973 with the new version. The gun was discontinued in 1981. There was a brief revival of the DS, but now Colt has discontinued all its DA revolver line. This might make guns like the Cobra more valuable, but there has not been a lot of eveidence of price increase in the older guns.

Jim

FireForged

Thanks for the info guys you always come through for me. This pistol is one of the early versions and the finish is factory. I almost sold it about a month ago, I am glad I didnt. $500.00 sounds like its worth holding on to for a while. Now if I could only remember where I put the original grips. Take Care...