Colt: Are they or aren't they?

gyvel

Any "breaking news" on the replica Colt .32/.380 auto pistols as to when OR if they are going to be produced and sold?

jasmith85

I think I remember seeing one of them on slickguns in the last month or so. I cannot remember which shop was selling them though.

shaunpain

Yeah, I'm seeing tool marks as well. I am not a fan of the "current" finish either. Looks like a simple parkerization as opposed to the gorgeous Royal Blue they were once known for. I was not aware that they were reproducing these, and while great to hear they differ in aesthetically inferior ways.

I did read that the finish is the same for the re-introduction, but that's just patently false. They are worlds apart. I know that finish and machining marks shouldn't matter if the gun works, but with the pony on it and at that price, I think they could have done a much better job. If they do something thoroughly un-Colt and start selling parts, it would be a great idea to pick up an original 1903 and get it back up to new. Always loved those guns. Thanks for the post.

James K

Member In Memoriam
I have long said that you can't sell a repro for more than the price of the originals, but it might be that folks think the repro will not be on the market long and will be a collector's item in itself.

FWIW, I have one of those Parkerized pistols and it is much better made than that one. The finish is matte, but very smooth, and of course it is in the regular serial number range. They didn't even quite get the shape right.

I take it "GOP" means "General Officers Pistol" (or is it intended to keep Democrats from buying it?), but most of those pistols went to less exalted folks, including doctors and nurses, who were allowed to carry defensive pistols for the protection of themselves and their patients.

Jim

Model12Win

What a joke.

This is the kind of crap Colt pulls.

Bring out a new classic old model, but make sure to only make a few so they sell for huge tons of money on the auction sites, and make sure to not use the original finish.

STUPID.

COLT CAN BURN. :mad:

tallball

The 32's have been for sale on GB for a while now. $1499 is a price I have seen a lot. That is ridiculous. I think I gave less than $400 for my original, because it had been refinished.

Bill DeShivs

What is stupid, is thinking that Colt has anything to do with gun auctions.
and thinking that the military guns weren't Parkerized.

745SW

They figure in the current market there are those willing and able to buy. Not much of a gamble compared to the Bren Ten or AutoMag, I think.

dsk

They are made by US Armament Corporation under Colt license. And yes they are very rough, which is even worse when you realize how much they want for them. They also ship with crappy Triple-K magazines as well.