Colt and California?

Marvin Gardens

Does anyone know if Colt has submitted anything for approval in California? I am interested in the 1911A1 but more specifically the Python. I asked Colt Customer Service about California submissions and they said "we are submitting models for testing." I asked the rep about the status of the Python reintroduction and he told me that it was "just a rumor". Anyway, if anyone really knows anything, I would appreciate some insight.

Thanks,

Marvin

Good Guy

There's no Colts currently listed on the Roster of DOJ-Certified Handguns located at http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/certlist.htm

Even if Colt starts producing the Python again it'll most likely be a custom shop offering. I can't imagine Colt submitting a half dozen custom Pythons to CA for testing, dropping, slamming, thrashing and other abuses.

45Colt

Try this site

1911forum.com. Go to Colt, look for discussion. Mark Roberts, a foreman from Colt is a moderator and listed the models that have been submitted for CA approval. IIRC it includes the Python.
Walt

DialONE911

According to a post on 1911forum.com by a Colt employee.

These models were submitted by Colt for testing by the PRK...

Guns submitted
O1070XSE govt
O4012XSE commander
O1991A1 std blue govt
O4691A1 std blue commander
O1091A1 std stainless govt
O4091U std stainless commander
O7000D defender, 45 ACP
O2570 / O2071 .38 super govt
I3060CS 6" stainless python
MM3080PODT 8" ported 44 mag

Red Label

I am still new to this forum, and don't know a thing about California's handgun laws. This is the first I've heard of this. Figures though. Glad I don't live there. This is still a great country to live in -- that is unless you live in the People's Republic of California. (And it must be said New York too. Any state that would elect HRC to the Senate scares me.) Gives me the shivers...