Colt Anaconda question

18DAI

I ran across a Colt Anaconda today, chambered in 45 long colt. Were these a special run? The gun is very nice, 98%, with a 6" barrel. How much is one of these worth, without box & docs? Thanks. Regards 18DAI.

BUCKMARK

I think they made a small run of the .45LC for years, so they are not really that rare.

If the gun is indeed 98%....you could get $800 for it so fast your head would spin.

jhgreasemonkey

The anaconda isnt an assembly line gun anymore and is only available through the performance shop. So the prices of the used anacondas have really gone up. I agree with the $800+ mark.

22-rimfire

Price mentioned is about right. Colt makes NO double action revolvers now. Anacondas were made in 45LC and 44 mag in various barrel lengths with the 6" being the most common. It was geared toward being a hunting firearm. They were made for a few years. Probably not an abundantly available gun. It will eventually be very collectable.

aughtsix

Anaconda .45 Long Colt

Shoudn't tell this on myself!!!!!!

I bought the first Colt Anaconda in .45 Long Colt sold by Pekin Gun in Pekin, IL, in the mid 90's, Paid $425-- out the door, cash.
Plug for Pekin Gun, great place to buy a gun in central Illinois. Great prices and great people to deal with. More guns in any one place, than I have ever seen, other than a gun show!!

Best shootin' iron out of the box, I have ever seen. Using factory ammo, until I got reloading dies for it, anything in my sights out to 25 yards or so was dead. Minute of aluminum can, anyway. I let several people shoot it, that had never shot any handgun bigger that a .22 rimfire, some never had shot a handgun at all before. A little coaching on sight alignment and they couldn't miss!!!!
I mean rolling a can at 25-30 feet.

Started handloading 300 grainers and heavy loads of AA #9, about 18 grains, I believe. Still great, then barrel started to unscrew. Had it fixed. Unscrewed again!!!!! Had it fixed by same gunsmith. Never unsrewed again, but never shot as good after that. Traded it off for a Taurus .454 Raging Bull after a couple years, late 90's, anyway. Got $375 on the trade. GOD!!!!! I wish I would have kept it and sent it back to Colt and had it checked out!!!!

Only gun, I have ever traded!!! Never trade another!!!!

Last edited: