Colt Agent .45 ??

murphjup

I've seen these available for sale... How long has Colt been manufacturing them? Are they still producing them? There is no mention of them on Colt's website...

Any Agent "in the know" folks out there?

Thank you in advance..

:)

OJ

Here's my Colt Agent but it's 38 Special and I never heard of a .45 caliber Agent.

P3160002.jpg

:D

murphjup

Well thank you for the picture.. I went to the 1911 forums, and looked it up there, I guess it was released this past summer based on the 1911 design 3" barrel...

Just wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with it..

KyJim

There are a couple of 1911 forums out there. On one is a formal review which might be of interest. http://ezine.m1911.org/ColtNA_frame.htm

I fondled one at a local dealer recently. It felt good in my hand. I haven't shot it but it is a light weight pistol which means it should have a bit of bite to it!

pogo2

It is a Defender variation

I've read quite a bit about the Colt "New Agent" on the web. It is a 3 inch barrel 1911 with Officer's length grip, similar to the Colt Defender. But the New Agent differs in that:

1. Blue finish instead of stainless
2. Sights are a groove on top of the slide
3. Comes with thin wood grip panels
4. Has a grip safety tang instead of beavertail

na1.jpg

murphjup

KYJim Thank you... that's exactly what I was looking for... Excellent review... Looks like a nice pistol... I wonder why Colt doesn't have it on their website?

Also it says in the review, that it weighs 1 pound two ounces.. which would make it 18 ounces... I wonder if that is true?

Thanks everyone for the information...

RickB

I think it is actually called "New Agent", to differentiate it from the old .38 snubby. It was introduced within the last six months, or so. It is something of a specialized piece, with no sights. I think I'd prefer the more conventional Defender, but I do like the dark finish of the Agent.

murphjup

I am used to point shooting with my Seecamp's, so I don't think the New Agent would be much of a transition... may noy even bite as bad as a Seecamp LWS .380...;)

KyJim

Regarding the weight, I didn't weigh it when I fondled it but it felt lighter than a Kmiber Ultra Carry II (alloy) that I used to own. I'm betting the 18 ounces is without even an empty magazine. Still, that is very light for a 1911 .45.

murphjup

I have also seen 25 ounces posted, that might be with a loaded Magazine...

If I get a more definative number I will post it here... I cannot find out anything about it on Colt's website... that amazes me...

Thanks you again guys...