Colt 6920 M4

RT

The good is that it's Colt's civilian version of the M4, the bad is that it's pricier than some ARs (less than others) and will bring out the Colt haters.

theunderdog1982

The good, its a Colt, the bad is that the hand guard is big and bulky IMO of course also bad is once you buy a colt every other AR is garbage or Colt owners tend to act that way :p

BPowderkeg

in my experience with Colt and several makers of M4 clones, you can not beat a Colt of any model, the good, is i believe they make a barrel that will give you superb accuracy and long life and when you handle one, it just "FEELS" good, far different than the others, as mentioned, they are pricier, but hold their value, the bad or good is that Colt still makes the M4 in a gas impingement model only, they have a gas/piston model LE6940P, but we are talking big $$$$, if you have larger hands than average, you will like the hand guards on the M4.
once you buy a colt every other AR is garbage or Colt owners tend to act that way
yes.., we do !! there is NOTHING like a Colt:D just my OPINION !!

grumpa72

Good
1. it is a Colt (already said but I had to add my 2 cents)
2. shoots better than I can
3. my wife shot a five inch group at 50 yards with it and an Eotech and she has never shot a rifle in her life

Bad
1. if you get an early one, there is something about the takedown pins being non-standard. I don't remember all the details on that.
2. slightly pricey but good costs

I like this so much that my son bought one too after he shot this one.

gggplaya

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a good. They are great rifles.

But for my money, i think i can buy a rifle from somewhere else that's just as good, but for less money. That's my opinion, that there is a slight upcharge for the name.

BPowderkeg

3. my wife shot a five inch group at 50 yards with it and an Eotech and she has never shot a rifle in her life

my Granddaughter shot a paper dinner plate 20 rounds at 100 yards with my 6721 scoped with a Trijicon ACOG TA31 and put all 20 rounds in the plate, and she too never fired an AR-15, just Dads little .22 Winchester gallery model i gave him when he was 14 y.o.

go Colt.., and you will never regret your choice !!

Water-Man

GOOD - Everything about it.

BAD - Listening to the crap from all those that are unfortunate enough not to own a Colt. ;)

BPowderkeg

GOOD - Everything about it.

BAD - Listening to the crap from all those that who are unfortunate enough not to own a Colt.

the best thing about owning a Colt is having a stable full of them, they are happier that way and treat you well.

Will Lee

Okay Colt Lover's & I am one also. Do you recognize this one & the model?

ColtSP1.jpg

The grip is different as well as the scope and bi-pob.

chadio

Good? Probably the best $1000 M4. Cult following. Resale.

Bad? By the time you free-float the barrel, install a quad rail, change the butt stock, etc. you could have bought a rifle that was equally made and has all those features to begin with.

cookie5

Colts are about as good as ARs get. They have the highest quality parts you can get in an AR,,, no parts aren't parts.

Actually, two other brands can compete on par levels.

Rock River Arms - RRA - Many love RRA and its actually hard to come by right now. Waiting list was months long earlier. Very durable, military uses these guns. Runs around 1050 new-1500 new

Bravo Company USA - BCM - Best Bolt carrier group maker(researched this and EVERY SINGLE PERSON said BCM BCG is the best no matter what) Highly trustworthy stuff. In all honesty, I would rather have a BCM AR-15 than Colt in all honesty. Their lower shouldn't run for 650.........

BillyJack3

Not sure why anyone thinks you can argue with the Colt guys. :D

However to answer the OPs original question, there is a ton of good and not a lot of bad with the 6920. Great basic, out of the box rifle. Just depends on what you are looking for and what you want to do with it.

If you don't want a carry handle, budget for a rear backup sight. If you want a quad rail, research them first and factor the cost. If the A2 sight bothers you because you want to add an optic and don't want it in the way, budget for a gas block swap and front folding sight. If none of this matters and it's exactly what you are looking for, then you are GTG with the Colt. Very well respected and proven gun. Best of luck!

Destructo6

The bad is the large hammer and sear pins. Until about 2009, Colt used .169" diameter pins instead of the standard .154" pins found on mil-spec Colts and every other brand. Made it a PITA to shop for trigger groups sometimes.

Even with that, it'll be a good gun.