Colt 5 inch Lightweight Government

18DAI

My local dealer, Cherrys Fine Guns, has one of these. LNIB. Anyone know what years these were made? How do they hold up to high volume shooting? Thanks! Regards 18DAI

DMK

How do they hold up to high volume shooting?
What do you consider high volume?

I bought my alloy framed Colt CCO used at a gunshow about 10 years ago and it certainly saw some use before I got it. I've put at least a few thousand rounds through it myself, including shooting with it in USPSA and have concealed carried it quite a bit. It shows some wear, but no problems at all.

Alloy frames don't scare me. I also have a CZ40B and a CZ PCR that I shoot quite a bit.

WC145

IIRC, the LW Gov't run was 2011-2015. Colt's been making alloy frames since the late '40s, they know what they're doing, I'm sure it'll be plenty durable. I have one I bought unfired a couple of months ago, very nice pistol and a pleasure to carry.

Slopemeno

Will it last as long as an all-steel 1911? Nope. Will it be a great handling carry gun? Yes. I had a 5" govt that I built from parts and I loved how it carried and shot.

18DAI

Thanks all! It is a VERY nice 1911 at a great price - BUT - another local dealer got a Sig 227 in yesterday.

So Im going to pass on it. Thanks again! Regards 18DAI