colt 38

mill hunky

i was out on the range today, another person drove up. i was set up, but i usually wait and ask them if they want to put plugs in even though the range was hot. he came over to me and asked me if i had an extra pair for his friend? i gave him an extra set, he tried to pay me for them. i told him it was ok. to make a long story short, it was a pleasure to share the range w/ them. he had a couple of bricks of 22`s, and he wanted to know if my wife would like to shoot some. she didn`t . he told me his son just married a gril in the tenn. mountains, and he got her a little gift for home protection. it was a colt/38/ 5 shot, not much bigger than the palm of my hand. never thought to ask the number on it. but they quit making it 13 years ago. it was like holding a feather. and it was almost a 100%. i know some one here on TFL knows what the COLT was. i was in the right place at the right time to see this fine rev. rich

Sir William

Sounds like the aluminum framed Colt. These were names, not numbers. Snakes mostly. The Cobra, King Cobra for the new and improved Trooper and so forth.

I don't think Colt made any 5 shot revolvers. The J frame S&Ws are 5 shooters but the small Colts, like the Detective Special, Agent, etc are all 6 shooters.