Colt 1911QC

bacardisteve

How are they doing these days? In the market for a new 1911 and the local shop has a competition government series 70 for $800. I have heard their customer service is lacking but it seemed like a really nice pistol.

ammo.crafter

1911 Colt series 70 Gov't Competition?

Do you mean National Match series 70? If not, what is the Competition series 70?

bacardisteve

Sorry just looked it up on their website it's called the Colt competition pistol. Oddly it doesn't mention anything about being a series 70 on the website .

Armybrat

Bud's lists it as a Series 70:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog.../CLT+GOVERNMENT+45ACP+5+COMPETITION+SERIES+70

719017961.jpg

PatientWolf

As I understand they produced the Competition series as an 80 series until sometime mid to late last year and then they switched to producing the Competition as a 70 series.

Brownstone322

As I understand they produced the Competition series as an 80 series until sometime mid to late last year and then they switched to producing the Competition as a 70 series.

This appears to be correct. The spec sheet now says:

"Updated Series 70 Firing System preferred by competitive shooters"

Mine (purchased November 2016) is a Series 80.

Brian48

I just got one of these guns a couple of months ago. One of the absolute best out of box pistols I've ever bought. Zero malfunctions thus far and it shoots better than I can.

colt_cc_results.jpg

Brownstone322

I just got one of these guns a couple of months ago. One of the absolute best out of box pistols I've ever bought. Zero malfunctions thus far and it shoots better than I can.

colt_cc_results.jpg

At 17-ish yards, that’s an awesome pattern. Mine is a 9mm, and I can’t shoot ragged holes like that at 10 yards. ‘Course my up-close eyesight kinda sucks.

gus3836

Customer service

As for Colt’s customer service I sent a Mustang back for service 8 weeks and it came back perfect. So I think their service is great