Colt 1911 Lightweight Commander

Deputy Dog

Does anyone have the Colt Lightweight Commander with the Aluminum frame in 9mm configuration? If so, what is a good hollowpoint to feed it and who makes some reliable 9mm 1911 mags? I was wondering if I should have a reliability package done to it as well? I heard wilson combat and springfield armory make the best, any input would be greatly appreciated, especially what they like to eat for ammo....

Deputy Dog

RickB

My experience with 9mm 1911s, as an observer, is that they are more likely to be fiddly about ammo and mags. The "Springfield mag", made by Metalform, was all the rage for a while, but now I'm hearing the latest Wilson is the new magic mag for 9mm. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that one mag works for some and the other mag works for the rest, and the only difference is, which one works for you? Or, you can skip the whole exercise and get a .38 Super instead, which I think is the slickest-feeding round in a 1911.

rptrower

I don't own a Colt LC however I do own 9MM 1911s. At present my favorite is a Springfield Armory Loaded Target . The main aspect to consider is finding a round you like & matching your recoil spring weight to the round. This will assure you have proper extraction & feeding of ammo. I use Cor-Bon DPX with a 12# recoil spring. I have found my stock SA 9mm mags to be totally reliable.

Chesster

The old Remington 115gr JHP was a good HP bullet for finicky feeders. I think it is what is currently loaded on the R-UMC "9mm LUGER 115 GR. JHP L9MM1". The UMC round has worked well in some older Star and Walther P1/P38s of mine which are not known to be HP friendly. The old RP round was the only HP I could get to feed in my first Smith 59.