Colt 1903 pocket hammerless

dr.magnum

What can you tell me about a Colt Pocket hammerless in 32acp? Is it safe to shoot with any 32acp, fmj, hollow points, etc.?
The local shop has one with less then 50% finish in it, but good bore, no rust, and seems to work fine. It has the thumb safety, like on a 1911. They're asking $275, and they aren't known to give a discount on prices.
I need to buy a Christmas present for myself anyway.:rolleyes:

somerled

The .32 ACP ball should work fine in it providing the magazine is good shape. Some of the jacketed stuff may hang up on the feedramp or at the chamber mouth.

Have a gunsmith look it over to be safe.

RickB

They are great guns. If it's in good mechanical condition, it should be safe with modern ammo. As noted, it might not feed anything but roundnose.

gordo b.

Mine shoots any .32acp ammo. Of course I put a new recoil spring in it, as it is blowback operated this is SOP for old semis. This is one of the few concealed hammer guns that is safe for cocked and lock carry BTW.The Fiocchi round is one of the hotter, as is Corbon. The Hottest round is my stash of early 60's GECO ammo by RWS. Which has a HARD cupro nickle jacket and does 1030fps from my gun!:cool: