Colorado gun bills being posted

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
www.leg.state.co.us/pubhome.nsf has statrted posting new bills. Do a search for word = firearm.

SB089 is particularly nasty = background checks for ALL firearm transfers, redefines assault weapon (& hey, it's just as stupid as CA's), changes ages to 21+, etc.

It is supposedly in Judiciary committee today. Let's hope they blow it out.

BAB

Any concealed carry reform or state preemption bills posted yet? I've looked here and there briefly but haven't had time for a thorough look yet.

BTW, did the Judiciary Comm. hear SB10 and SB89 on Monday like they were supposed to, or did they put 'em off again? I've looked, but I can't find any committee reports.

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
http://www.leg.state.co.us/pubhome.nsf

HB00-1197
Download Safe Storage Of Firearms
WILLIAMS S.--PERLMUTTER

HB00-1208
Download Lawsuits Against Firearms Manufacturers
CLAPP--TECK

HB00-1214
Download Penalty For Firearms Straw Purchasers
DECKER--SULLIVANT

HB00-1220
Download Under 21 Gun Show Purchase Prohibition
ZIMMERMAN--PHILLIPS

HB00-1240
Download Inspection Of Juv Delinquency Records
CHAVEZ--(NONE)

HB00-1241
Download Previous Offenders Possessing Weapons
LEE--(NONE)

HB00-1242
Download Required Background Checks At Gun Shows
GORDON--(NONE)

HB00-1243
Download Parental Consent For Firearms For Minors
LEE--(NONE)

SB00-010
Download Lawsuits Against Firearms Manufacturers
TECK--CLAPP History FN1 - 1/11/2000

SB00-089
Download Firearms Transfers & Age Of Possession
HERNANDEZ--(NONE)

SB00-125
Download CBI Firearms Background Check System
OWEN--TOOL

Nothing's gone through committe as yet. They want to get everything "gun related" all at once & do 'em in one day. Supposedly more bills to be submitted.

One day to comment on all these bills does not appear sufficient time, IMO, to allow each proper consideration & with more to be introduced (?), it hardly allows time for public comment.

BTW, we've had a pretty positive impact in dumping large quantities of "NO gun control" mailings. Keep up the pressure & kill the bad ones in committee.

jimc

in all the calls i made to the judicary comittee i have only had 2 return calls from them. it is like they are going thru the motions and have their minds made up. however my last e-m from CSSA said that we are getting some response from the legislature in acknowledging that we are being heard. now if they would only listen.
gotta go make some more calls