Colorado CCW help (if YOU need one)

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
Mods/Admin - wasn't sure where to put this. Stick where required ... seemed like the best place for viewing.

Recently ran across a guy who does out-of-state (Utah mostly)CCW help, defensive training, etc.

He doesn't have e-mail or internet access (old dinosaur! ;))

He does appear to have a way or two around some of the hassless in getting Colorado CCW for those lucky enough to live in counties that don't issue.

J&L Research LLC
Boulder, CO
(303) 510-9859
J Lawless, Prez

Now, the disclaimer: I'm only passing on some information that may prove to be useful. I've never used the service - don't blame me (but thank me if it's good). The "way around some local hassles" appears to be a "contact" he has. He appears to make a few bucks on the side in providing "that contact." Can't say I'm for or agin that - "services rendered" usually require a fee of some fashion. You decide if it's worth your while & $s.

Too, & check it out for yourself in States' CCW receprocity guides (NRA/ILA & I think DC's site have links to this info). Utah's training requirement is satisfied by another states hunting safety card (I'm almost certain) - you DON'T have to go through his "class" to get Utah CCW (which appears to be a good deal BTW) $59/5 yr shall issue non-resident (most certainly worth looking into).

Probably a good diea to keep it fairly quiet (but labgrade, you idiot! Ya just posted it on a WWW, stupid!) ... whatever. I just wouldn't call a news brief to let everyone know what went down, if ya catch my drift.

I would appreciate a post in this thread re your satisfaction, or lack thereof, re any experiences with the above.

Tell him "that longhair" (see Coin's site/Rogues Gallery) he sat next to at the Tanner show 2/12-13 did the referal & No, I don't git nuttin' outa any deals here ... just passing on some (maybe) useful info.

jimc

actually to get the utah ccw you must be signed off by a ccw instructor recognized by utah. which is what jay lawless is. i have spoken to him before and helped get him in touch with a lawyer to do the legal aspect of the course. also for us in colo. who have a ccw contact state of n. hampshire dept of safety. and ask for a non-resident pistol/revolver license.
it is $20 for a 4yr permit! then you can start your collection of ccw's from other state's!!!
btw
labgrade i was pushed for time on sat. so i did not get a chance to stop and talk to you. still need to get together for some range time