Colorado 3rd Season Sucess!

taylorce1

First off special thanks to the guys that made this possible, to Dave, Aric, Cody, Ted, and Scott as without your help must daughter wouldn't have been sucessful! Due to family emergencies earlier this year I was out of vacation and personal days to take her, so these adopted family members made this hunt possible for my daughter.

Here is my daughter with her first ever mule deer buck, and he's a dandy 4 point with a unique rack. She shot it at 280 yards with a Howa Alpine rifle in .308 Win. She also won the award for longest pack out of all the deer taken this year.

Here's Aric with his 30" non typical.

Aric and his dad Dave.

Scott and his very symmetrical 4 point buck.

std7mag

Congratulations to her!

Sorry to hear about the family issues.
So much for the nay sayers on the rifle you built for her.

Still trying to talk the Mrs. into moving out there so i can join ya!

taylorce1

std7mag said:
Sorry to hear about the family issues

It is what it is, they were all medical and everyone has recovered. I have one week left of vacation starting the 16th to go to Oklahoma for our annual white tail deer hunt. Hopefully my daughter will tip a few more deer over in a few days.

std7mag

Schweet!

So i'm taking it the rifle didn't kick her into next week. Lol

I'm trying my hand on my first bear hunt this Sat, into next week.

Hope the ole saying isn't true.
Somedays you get the bear, somedays the bear gets you! Lol

taylorce1

std7mag said:
So i'm taking it the rifle didn't kick her into next week. Lol

Not at all, shes shooting 125 grain Nosler BT bullets. 150 and 165 grain bullets kicked a little more but we'll save them for bigger game. She's handling recoil a lot better as she's gotten older, but I think I'll hold of the 180 grain bullets for awhile.

Here are some more pictures.

doofus47

Congrats! Nice bucks all around.
Was that down near Buffalo Creek? I was riding my mtb down there with my wife a few months ago and I was on the look out for deer. I didn't see any, but it looked like a great area.