Color Me Impressed.....Browning Hi Power, My First.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cslinger

Every Christmas I both squirrel away and get some money. Ever since I was a kid I would buy myself my own toy or toys after Christmas and that always made for fantastic fun for me. This is not to say my normal Christmas / Birthday was anything less then amazing just that I always enjoy buying myself something. I am very blessed.

So this year I took the plunge and picked up a classic. I ordered a Browning Hi Power 75th anniversary edition, polished blue etc. It is one of the very few classics I don't have and I really had a hankering for an all steel polished blue old school pistola.

The gun came today. Out of the box it looked horrible. Wax paper residue everywhere stuck to the gun, basically it looked nasty. I was a bit worried. Well I just got around to the cleanup and inspection and I am very happy to say the least.

The gun looks fantastic. The 75th engraving is very tasteful, unobtrusive and looks great. The bluing is wonderful and bright. Everything locks up and fits together like a bank vault and the gun just feels right. I am amazed it took me this long to pick one up.

I haven't had her to the range yet, hopefully this weekend but so far I am really impressed with everything about this pistol. It is exactly what I wanted and scratching the exact itch.

Well long story ended, here are a few pictures that do this gun absolutely no justice. I need to do a bit more polishing and learn to take better pictures but here she is.

HP_1.jpg

HP_2.jpg

HP_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.