College to stop playing National Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tynimiller

Just thought everyone might get a kick out of the stupidity of Goshen College, located in Goshen, IN. They are a private school who are pacifist and in their latest move towards backing that "belief" the National Anthem will no longer be played anywhere on campus...ie all athletics or other functions. The song is deemed to encourage militaristic attitudes, which they simply cannot associate with.

You know whatever, your a private school you technically can do as you want...but wait as of last year Goshen College recieves funding from the Federal Government! It hasn't been said if they will refuse this help as that would associate themselves with the entity that is at war or not.

Absolutely pathetic if you ask me!

Only two forces have offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. One for your soul the other for your freedom!

You worship one, but turn your back on the other?!?!?!

tynimiller

Honestly it may get deleted...but patriotism and guns for me goes hand in hand, but either way no feelings hurt if deleted. Main reason it is in general discussion forum.

markj

the American G.I has a gun :)

Maybe folks will stop sending their kids to a unpatriotic school such as that one. I would get a boom box and play the anthem loud and proud everywhere i went on campus.

Bud Helms

Yes, no doubt, patriotism and the Second do go hand-in-hand.

That said, we are pretty strict on content and topic.

'Have to close this in to be fair and consistent.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.