Collectible Guns

IanS

Who's got guns they rub with a diaper, wouldn't part at any price, or cash in on in the future? The ones you never (or seldom) fire and show only to your closest friends. Be it a 1st Generation Colt SAA, war era Luger, or a museum quality Brown Bess musket?

Don't have any myself, but I guess I consider my Colt AR priceless since you can't even buy it in CA. anymore.

AR-10

All of my firearms fit the criteria you stipulated,except I shoot them all as often as I can. :)

glockjeeper

Yeah, I got a couple. The one I'm confused of what to do with is my '43 Colt M1911A1 U.S. issue .45. I just got it recently after havin' gotten rid of one almost identical to it about 10 years ago. Its in 98% condition and looks just awesome! For being over 50 years old its just as ready for duty as my newer 1991A1. I don't plan on getting rid of it, so thats why I'm not sure if I want to use it like my other pistols or cherish it and keep its value up. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet even. I do know if I do descide to enjoy it extensively I am not going to do a thing to it except use some Wilson mags with it.

JimFromFL

They all get treated with care. Of course the Thompson gets treated like royalty and none are really just for display. They all get their own special time at the range. The only item I toss around, toss on the floor, toss in the car is my Glock 21.

Jim

taco

My father and I collect old S&W Model 10/M&P and currently have 32 of them. Each are in very good or better condition and some even have the original box. We shoot most of them but only occasionally and only with mild target loads.

EXPLORER

Beretta 9mm, stainless, Italian made, 2 factory 15 round magazines, 2 factory 20 round magazines. Unfired.

NIB Randall Southpaw 1911 (and for those who have asked before, no, it's not for sale). Also NIB Olympic Arms 4 Star Renegade (short version, which is also not for sale).

As mentioned before, High Standard bought the tooling from Olympic Arms (which got its tooling from Randco, successor to Randall). High Standard is suppose to bring out a southpaw 45 this year so you guys will have your chance too.

Kentucky Rifle

Well...

I treat all of mine with great care. I think a lot of my Seecamp, but it gets carried. Same with my Glock 27. I dropped it on the (carpeted) bedroom floor a couple of nights ago...felt really bad about that. I got out a magnifying glass and looked it over good. I know, I know. Glocks are tough, However, I didn't want to make a scratch on it because I was stupid enough to let it fall off the bed.

Kentucky Rifle

johnwill

I have a reasonable collection of pistols from the turn of the century through WW2 that I handle pretty carefully. I try to buy stuff that's in excellent condition, and I plan on keeping them that way.

Monkeyleg

I've got a pre-ban Delta H-Bar with all the goodies that came with it (case, cheekpiece, scope, etc) that I will not sell. I shoot it and take care of it like my other guns, but I won't sell it.

The most collectible gun I had was a Colt SAA Second generation from 1956. It was 100% new in box, unturned, with all the original papers. After a month or so of looking at it, I sold it. I couldn't even cock it because that would put a dragline on the cylinder. If I had lots of money, it would probably still be here.

Dick