Coats and Jackets For CCW

MikeNice81

I remember seeing a canvas coat made for CC. It had pockets made in to the coat's interior with the intention of using them for hiding your gun. I also saw a hoodie/fleece coat made the same way.

Does anybody know where I could find these items again? I looked at Cabela's and all they had were leather vest. That wouldn't be something I'm interested in.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

HappyHunting

Just google SIG carry jacket. Something like 80 bucks and it looks to be a nice jacket. In AL I could probably wear it twice all year.

HH

Kreyzhorse

The NRA sells a jacket like that on their site too.

While those CCW jackets seem like a good idea, I'd do some research on them before I put my money down. They don't seem to support a gun any more than a normal jacket with an interior pocket will at least from what I read.

BfloBill

Just out of curiosity, why spend the money on a custom jacket that may not secure your weapon the way you want, when you could invest in a good shoulder rig that will last a lifetime and you can wear whatever jacket you want over it? My guess is the jacket will eventually need to be replaced. It just seems the shoulder rig would give you more options.

MikeNice81

Bflo, the main reason is because it would be harder to accidentaly show. Showing can get your CCL yanked in NC. So, I figured it would just be an easy way to avoid that.

I usually don't zip my jacket when I'm wearing it. I just get hot to quick. So, showing is a real concern. Plus having to reach under a coat, a shirt, and a t-shirt provides too many chances to snag or fumble.