CMP Special grade M1 Garand??

LDBennett

Anyone out there ordered, received, and shot the CMP Special grade M1 Garand? (the one at $1000)

If so can you answer a few questions:

1). How was the fit and finish?

2). What year Springfield receiver did you get with it (WWII or post WWII)?

3). How well did it shoot the average of three to five 5 shot groups at 100 yds off the bench. Was it anywhere close to 2 MOA (2 inches)?

4). Was the barrel a Criterian as sold loose by CMP?

5). Would you have any reservations about buying another Special grade M1 Garand again if you wanted another M1 Garand? (Did you "win" with this choice?)

Thank you for any inputs,

LDBennett

chris in va

All I know is they install Criterion barrels, have new wood and (a year ago anyway) were going for $899.

The ones on the rack were in excellent condition and looked to have a new finish on them. Honestly though other than the barrel I think much of the extra cost is just cosmetic. You may want to look at the Service Grade instead if you want a good shooter but want to save about $400.

rdmallory

Service grade A+

Just got my service grade.

New Maple stock
Looks to be re-parkerized. Post WWII H&R

If you did not know what you were looking at you would think it was new.

I have not shot it yet my ammo just showed up today.

$599 and came with the new case.

For 1K I was told the stock is Walnut and you get a new barrel.

Shipped in about 2 weeks. Might order another one later this year when my funds get built back up and this time request a original GI stock just to see what I get.

Doug

Eghad

I bought an inexpensive Garand...shipped it to DGR God Bless that man..he can rebuild a Garand that will make you drool. Cost me $1200 + rifle but its just like a new rifle that will make very small groups and still be used in a Garand Match.

http://www.dgrguns.com/