CMMG Rifles

cmdc

Saw one at my LGS with S/S barrel and am wondering where they are in the AR pecking order quality-wise.

Thanks

Gunslick

Hope I don't get slapped for this, but if you are going to spend hard earned money on an ar, build a lower and buy a Daniel Defense upper or BCM and get either of those in the mid length gas system. Those are both "top shelf" uppers which are considered beyond mil spec and will last you many thousands of rounds. CMMG in my opinion is not of very high quality. I don't mind using their lower parrts kits just like DPMS but would never buy a DPMS upper.

Art Eatman

Staff in Memoriam
Been a half-dozen years ago or so, but I had them build a dedicated varmint upper. Flat-top, 20-inch skinny barrel, 1:14 twist. I stuck an old K-4 on it and went to the bench. 5-shot, one-MOA groups with 55-grain bullets.

Dunno about nowadays quality.

TMD

CMMG is IMHO entry level but has gotten better in the last few years. Their 7.62x39 mutant has caught my eye and one of these days I'll convince myself I need it

ronl

I bought a CMMG Mk3 last year and it is a very well put together rifle. Fit, finish and accuracy is very good. Also have a CMMG complete lower that has performed very well. Very good triggers in both. Never owned but have shot such as Daniel Defense and Noveske rifles, but have owned and fired Colt and Armalite rifles, and the CMMG seems as good as any.

krunchnik

I own 2 CMMG uppers one in .300 BLK and the other is the Sierra upper in 22lr.I have a couple of hundred rounds thru the .300 and accuracy is very respectable and it cycles very reliable.The 22lr is no slouch either.I purchased both over 4 years ago and the quality seems as good as my S&W MP15.The 2 lowers I put together also have the CMMG kits in them as well.
IMG_2073_zps8awhjylr.jpg

IMG_2081_zpsc86tq6ng.jpg

Fishbed77

Hope I don't get slapped for this, but if you are going to spend hard earned money on an ar, build a lower and buy a Daniel Defense upper or BCM and get either of those in the mid length gas system. Those are both "top shelf" uppers which are considered beyond mil spec and will last you many thousands of rounds. CMMG in my opinion is not of very high quality. I don't mind using their lower parrts kits just like DPMS but would never buy a DPMS upper.

This is good advice.

I own a CMMG .22LR upper, and it's been fantastic. But, for the money, their 5.56x45mm stuff can't hold a candle to BCM or DD.

Mobuck

I knew a guy who lived not too far from the factory. He'd go by a couple times a month and dig through "the bargain barrel". He was happy with the brand and bragged it up to anyone who would listen.

bfoosh006

IMHO... they are a step above entry level... at least.

I spend a fair amount of time on the forums, and can't ever think of someone bad mouthing them.

I would love to have one of their Mutant 47's.