CMMG 2-Stage Triggers

10-96

I had my heart set on a RRA 2-stage ($120), then while digging, I stumbled across the CMMG ($139). The CMMG has set screws for over travel and takeup. Neat, I guess, but the CMMG has brass pin bushings. OK, I can see where that might aid in the smoothness dept. But, with brass being softer than steel- what is the likelihood that tolerances will increase to the point of annoyance due to wear of the brass? I've seen brass used in industrial mechanical settings (friction plates, etc) to satisfactory results. Would anybody choose one over the other? Why?

JasonG

No experience with that trigger, could it be bronze pin bushings?
If so they make great bushings and are used in many high load / low rotating applications.
In addition they are often silicon impregnated to be self lubricating.
Just my $.02

10-96

I guess they could be bronze- hard to tell by looking. The trigger came in and was quite easy to install. I opted to use the set screws to adjust the takeup and over-travel. While I haven't got it out to the range yet- it sure seems to be a fantastic purchase. I don't have a pull gauge, but I would say that I prefer it over my factory RRA and a HUGE improvement over the old 9lb Olympic factory trigger.

oldvetteguy

CMMG trigger

I ordered one of the CMMG two stage triggers on 12-04-08 but have not received it yet. They keep telling me that it is on "back order". Has anyone else ordered (and received) one of these lately?