Clip followers

Kessler50

25 Years ago I bought a ruger 22 cal clip for a ruger simi-auto pistol.It has a green plastic taller follower which keeps the bolt open after the last shot.I can't find anymore followers like it.Brownells doesn't have any and other shooters have been helpful but still haven't been able find any. Any help would be most appreciated.Thank you for your response

Matt VDW

Is your pistol a Ruger MkII? All the MkIIs that I've seen lock the bolt back on an empty magazine.

Or is it a MkI?

Kessler50

This clip only fits the older MKI's and regular automatics. The newer MKII's have the hold open feature and have a newer clip. You take out the old factory follower and replace with aftermarket follower and the bolt stays open after the last shot.Real nice feature.

MrBlonde

I use a Ruger MkII and I hate that thing. It digs into your thumb when loading, I hate it. Just thought I would say something.

Kessler50

Thanks Walt for the idea of maybe interchanging the two followers.I don't know if possible but it sure is something to look into.Thats why I asked if anyone had some ideas. Mr Blonde,I guess they do make those clip loaders that slide over clip to make fingers wound free.I have one but can never find it when needed. Thanks for the help,appreciate it. Yours truly Josie Wales