Cleaning Rod?

Damon555

That cleaning rod will work just fine.....I wouldn't worry about all those accessories in that cleaning kit fitting or not. Experience has taught me that there are very few things needed to actually clean a rifle....A one piece cleaning rod, a bore guide, a caliber specific jag, patches, solvent and the oil of your choice are all that you need. Oh and you might brush the barrel from time to time.

So go ahead buy that rod and get a jag for your 243 while you're at it.....all the other stuff is just fluff.

CC268

I already have that kit that I bought a while ago when I got my shotgun. My question is are all the fittings for brushes and jags, etc a universal thread size or do I have to buy tiptons brushes and stuff? I already have a .243 jag and mop and brush and don't want to have to buy tiptons stuff.

Damon555

I have both a dewey and a tipton. If I were at home I could check to see if the cleaning tools interchange with those from one of the kits.....I think that they are different and require an adapter.