CLEANEST BURNING PRIMER?

tonyz

From your expereance could some of you tell me which brand has the cleanest burning primer? Small Pistol primer.

Thanks Tony

johnnybravo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tonyz:
From your expereance could some of you tell me which brand has the cleanest burning primer? Small Pistol primer.

Thanks Tony
[/quote]
Tony, Winchester.

------------------
johnnyb

Mal H

Staff
johnnyb, I was going to answer this last night with something like, "I really don't know, but it certainly isn't Winchester." :)

When I load up some rubber, primer powered, bullets, the Winchesters always leave a lot of soot in the gun and casings. Same for CCI. But, since I haven't tried Fed or Rem in this way, I can't say which is cleanest.

But, it's going to be hard to answer this question because firing a primer with practically no pressure build up may not be the same as when powder is added and the pressure is high. They might act differently.

Paul B.

Mal. I think any primer will leave soot in your barrel on your rubber bullets. I think the soot would either be absorbed, or maybe burned up, with a regularly loaded round.
Just a thought. :)
Paul B.

Mal H

Staff
True Paul, that's why I said, in essence, that firing a primer under no pressure is probably not a good indicator of a clean primer.

I think the question has to be asked of tonyz why he wants to know. It may be that he was looking for "clean" as in lowest/no lead pollution.

tony - you're up.

tonyz

Mal is correct! I am looking for A primer
that puts out the least toxic gases and causes the lest amount of residue on the inside of the case!

When I fire a winchester WINclean, the case is almost perfectly clean Inside there is no powder burned on or primer residue inside the case. I know this is a hard Question, But can't get an answer any place else.

I am trying to make a round like the winchchester WINclean round.

Thanks for all the help Tonyz :)

[This message has been edited by tonyz (edited February 13, 2000).]