Clay Pigeon Fun

PlatinumCore16

So a quick range report from this weekend:
I had bought a combo Stevens 320 and have used the long barrel to pattern a little, but no actual hunting/clays use. This weekend I finally got out to the trap range (for the first time in probably 15 years) with it. I found that I really need a bit more length of pull and a tad softer pad would go a long way, but I did wind up getting 4/5 on my last set of the round. Definitely fun to get back into it and the 320 performed as expected.

FITASC

Glad you had a good time! One thing about those vertical pistol grips - they are not the best choice for swinging on moving targets like clays or birds; instead of your elbows being out, your shooting hand elbow will usually be in a downward position, ala an AR

PlatinumCore16

The combo set actually came with a traditional stock, though still not exactly set up for trap, I agree. I have thought about installing an aftermarket pistol-grip stock, but for now, I think I'm just going to get an extension and aftermarket pad and see how it fits/shoots with both the short barrel and bird barrel. I'd also like to run this in 3-gun, but the short barrel has a cylinder choke, while the long barrel is just very long for that. They make a 22" bbl, but haven't put the effort in to see if someone is selling off just their barrel.

FITASC

Barrels can be threaded for choke tubes. Briley, Trulock, among others, can do the job making your barrels more flexible.

bladesmith 1

I've found usually trap shooters like the elbow up on their trigger hand a lot more than SCs shooters, especially those that shoot gun down. At least in the group I shoot with I've never noticed anyone sticking that elbow straight out. JMHO