Class III Dealer Wanted

dajowi

I'm considering the possibility of selling a Military Armaments Corp. .45 subgun with all accessories. Does one only have to sell to a Class III dealer who resides in the same state?

VUPDblue

You only need a dealer if you want to sell to an individual in another state. If you find a buyer in your own state, then no dealer is needed.

Curiously, whatcha got and whatcha want for it???:D

dajowi

It's an original Military Armaments Corp. M10 .45. Selector switch allows you to fire either single shot or FA - but you know that. Also have a M.A.C. suppressor and I think ten 30 round magazines as well as the magazine reloading tool and original cardboard box. How much I want? Haven't thought that far in advance. What I see on GUNS AMERICA and other sites seem to indicate $3000+ so I really don't know what a fair market value would be for the gun and everyting else.

It sure seems to me that it would be a hell of a pain in the ass to try and sell to a private party something like this without going through a dealer who is aware of, and would be responsible for all the legal ramifications. Just getting a CLEO signature for a private party sale might make a sale impossible. If I sell it I would prefer just to get the payment and be done with it.

Zak Smith

For in-state transfers: if you transfer it to an SOT first (on a Form 4), that transfer is taxed ($200). Then the customer would incur another $200 tax transferring it from that SOT. There is no reason to go through an SOT for an in-state transfer, and you and/or the buyer would be out an additional $200.

Note that for an out of state transfer, you must transfer it to an SOT in the destination state first (Form 4 & $200), and then a Form 4 from the SOT to the buyer (another $200).

-z

dajowi

Has anyone in this forum had any dealings with the following people or business?

Ruben Mendiola, Dealer NFA, Inc.
NFASALES.COM
David Spiwak

Found these people on the net who claim to do all the paper and will offer cash for NFA guns.

VUPDblue

Each of those have a shining reputation in the business and are on the recommended dealers list at Subguns.com. That's a good thing. Depending on what state you're in, there could be more reputable dealers that could help you out too.