Citori v After Market Pads

I always assumed that the original recoil pad on my 2 year old Citori XS Skeet would be equivalent to a premium after market pad such as a LimbSaver, Kickeez, or a Pachmayer. Am I wrong?

BigD_in_FL

Not wrong because some models of the pads are equal, while some others are not. The recoil pad on the Browning might have even been made by one of the major makers as well.

BigJimP

Yes, I think the OEM pad on the XS Skeet models ...are equivalent to the better brands of aftermarket recoil pads.

Bake

The rubber recoil pad will start to deteriorate from UV light, change of temperature, and compression. So the more you shoot, the quicker the pad will harden.:).

When the pad gets darker in color, or gets shiny, its time to start looking for a replacement pad on "SALE" (Like that will ever happen :()....

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought that the OEM pad on a moderately expensive gun should be pretty well as good as the after market ones but sometimes I find logicaly assumptions to be flat wrong. My pad is 2 years old with 10K rounds in it and looks good so I will keep it unless I modify the stock so that new one is needed.

BigJimP

My 12ga Citori XS Skeet.... was new in 2002....so 11 yrs old ...and while I have not shot that much in the last couple of years....that one gun has at least 200,000 shells thru it ..../ and I've never changed the stock pad - and it doesn't show any wear....
----------------
( I shot 4 rds of skeet thru it yesterday ...for a 93...)...with 3/4 oz loads of 8's...

...and the gun was not the reason I missed those 7 targets... ( 24 - missed high 1 // 23 missed high 2 and 3 // 22 missed high 5 and low 6 and low 8 ...../ 24 missed high 5)...////.....:D

Rub it in Jim. I am doing better. Only did 3 rounds of trap the other day but had a 20-20-23. The week before it was 20-21-24. Beats hell out of what I was doing until just a few months ago. Tomorrow I want to do 4 lines and try for a 90. Then I will have to go over to the dark side, the skeet fields, and whup up on the Weatherbies. Perhaps not the big guy but that upstart boy of his.

BigD_in_FL

Sorry Dreaming, skeet is not the dark side..............it is the flower garden......try going to the 5-stand, then scoot over to the Sporting Clays for a royal butt kicking......and when you have caught your breath find the FITASC parcour. Now, after THOSE targets have you reeling, find a Helice field (many in TX and CA) and that will get you ready for the ultimate - live box pigeons

This might take a while, so settle for Sporting and FITASC

Skeet is the "Flower Garden". That figures. I am picturing a 300# sensitive buffalo as he tip toes through the tulips. forget that other stuff. I got my but kicked so hard for so long at basic trap let me enjoy it, even if my scores would be a bad day for a good shooter.

Then I will have to go over to the dark side, the skeet fields, and whup up on the Weatherbies. Perhaps not the big guy but that upstart boy of his.

You know, you're not the only one gunning for me these days... I'm almost getting irritated enough to buy a dedicated trap gun.. If I do.. Watch Out

BigJimP

I keep trying to tell you ....us Buffalo's have feelings too ya know....(sniff, sniff )....
---------------
Take him down a peg ...or three....for me will ya Weatherby ..../ I know its not really a worthy adversary for you ...( more of a cupcake match ) ...with Dreaming being all old, and lame, and ugly .../ but let him get close - and then smack him !! ....and make sure you rub it in - at least a little bit !:D

Last edited:
Nasty. Someone from the frozen Pacific Northwest is simply jealous of the beautiful people from South Cal. Who needs a dedicated trap gun? I still shoot trap with the 30" skeet gun with a moleskin comb. I shot today and it went bad. 22.21.21.20. While I opened well enough it all slid downhill as there was no one out and it was boring. So boring I was going to go over to the skeet side in desperation, but it was empty.

BigJimP

I won't laugh.....( well I might giggle a little ) ....:D

( we're not jealous --- we have indoor handgun ranges up here ...for the 11 1/2 months that it rains !! )....
--------------
I don't really wish you any pain there buddy .../hang in there....

I keep trying to tell you ....us Buffalo's have feelings too ya know....(sniff, sniff )....
---------------
Take him down a peg ...or three....for me will ya Weatherby ..../ I know its not really a worthy adversary for you ...( more of a cupcake match ) ...with Dreaming being all old, and lame, and ugly .../ but let him get close - and then smack him !! ....and make sure you rub it in - at least a little bit !

Show no mercy... Got it :D