Citadel M1911

Mike38

I did a search, not much to be found, so……

Has anybody “wrung out” a Citadel M1911 yet?

I was in a town about an hour away from me today and needed to kill some time. I punched in “gun shop” on my GPS and found two within a mile, so away I went. The second gun shop had a couple M1911 platform pistols. The Taurus PT1911 I think it was, and a Citadel M1911. I kind of liked that Citadel, but I have never heard of them. Slide to frame fit was very nice. Finish was okay. Grips looked great. But, no checkering on the front strap, which I would prefer. It also had forward slide cocking grooves, which I would not prefer. Price was $539.

I must have gotten a gleam in my eyes because the guy said 20% down and three months to pay! I put it back before I bought it. Figured I better do some research before taking the plunge. So anybody have any experience with one? Is it a true 1911, interchangeable parts and all? It wouldn’t beat my Colt Series 70 in any way, but I think the Colt won’t mind sharing some space next to it.

KyJim

Citadel is made by Armscor of the Philippines, the same company that makes Rock Island Armory 1911s. They are "entry level" 1911s that have a good reputation.

It is a true 1911 and should take standard 1911 parts.

Olympus

I had a Citadel compact for a while and was unimpressed. If you can find a stainless Taurus then that's what I would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scsov509

Two of my good friends bought Citadels this last summer that have been fairly reliable through a few thousand rounds combined. One is a compact that had a few feeding problems until we replaced the factory guide rod, and the other is a 5" model that has been perfect. Factory magazines weren't all that great, but that's pretty common in other 1911's as well. The actual guns though have impressed me enough that I've considered getting one to add to the 1911 collection as a cheaper gun for those beating around in the woods occasions when I'd just a soon leave the $1000+ ones at home. :D