Circa 1984 Model 66 ?

MEDDAC19

I have been given a Taurus Model 66, 6" bbl .357/.38 revolver made in the '80s. It had less than 100 rounds through it. The weapon shoots great and is more accurate than I am. I have a question though about it's frame. Compared to S&W frames, what size would this be? There is a J 241 on the crane arm, the model number is on the frame. Does this mean it is the same size frame as a J frame? A not always correct, self proclaimed, gun expert says that it is a S&W J frame that Taurus got when S&W split-up. He thinks Taurus bought some old frames when the company split. I don't know about that, but I am curious about the actual frame size. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. How would one go about getting new grips for this, since Taurus has a new Model 66 in production? Their web site only has info about the new Mod 66.

Majic

Take the info from your self-proclaimed expert with a grain of salt. Taurus and S&W were never together. Once they were owned by the same parent company, but they have never had anything common to both companies. They have totally different actions so they can't use the same frames.
The Taurus M66 would compare in size to the S&W mid-sized K-frame not the smaller 5 shot J-frame. It would basically be the same size as the S&W Model 66.