Cincinnati gun shops?

WVfishguy

A friend of mine is going to Cincinnati tomorrow, and he would like to know if there are any "good" shops to visit. I wish I could go with him.

He's not really interested in big places like Gander Mountain.

He prefers smaller pawn shops - he is an old-school revolver person, and it seems like you are more likely to see old Smiths, Colts and Rugers at pawn shops.

I know of a of couple shops in my area where I can often find the odd S&W Model 15 or Ruger Security Six, and that's where he hangs out. Anyone know of shops like that in Cincinnati?

Thanks in advance. :)

flippycat

There is a few in my area, though I would not recommend them as far as pawn shops go based on location and all around high prices on limited inventory. There is a couple medium sized regular gun shops who carry a selection of used, but well...they are what they are and the markup on everything is very evident.

Now if your friend did not mind traveling north to Dayton he maybe in better shape.

jcims

Vandalia Tactical is a pretty nice shop. Not very big, but packed and close to Olde English Outfitters mentioned above. I know you aren't looking for them, but the Gander Mountain in Huber Heights in right in that area, and has by far the best gun selection i've seen at a GM.

http://www.vandaliatactical.com/

Target World isn't awful, much closer to Cincinnati, and has a range. I've only been there once, the Google reviews for it are less than stellar, but I thought they were OK.

http://www.targetworld.net/

Kreyzhorse

Target World is a must. Their prices are decent, large selection of rifles and handguns and a range. My only complaint with Target World is that on weekends, it is typically packed to the gills in there. With the recent run on guns I'd guess its even worse now. During the week, it's most likely not too bad, but on weekends, get there early, they open at 10am.

www.targetworld.net

WVfishguy

Target World is a must

Been there. Pretty much the opposite of what he wants. :rolleyes:

He wants an out-of-the-way place which has old stuff laying around, like wood grips for 30-year-old revolvers, old holsters, etc.

Kreyzhorse

If he wants pawn shops, there are a ton of them. Grab a phone book and he can spend a full day going from one pawn shop to the next. Tell him to look in the Northern Kentucky area as well.

popeyespappy

The place your friend wants to go is Petterson's on Reading in Sharonville. Tiny place, ton of guns. THey close early....

Peterson's Gun Shop
11338 Reading Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45241
(513) 563-2781

Vandalia Tactical is a pretty nice shop.
I have been to vandalia tactical several times.
Prices are higher than Olde english which is 5 minutes away.
Staff is not exceptionally friendly or helpful.
They have a large number of black rifles and hi-cap pistols in stock(b/c their prices are terrible)

Olde English had 3 millon dollars in inventory last June, or so they said. They have great prices. They are extremely helpful.

Last edited:

coachteet

Ted's pawn shop in Norwood. Good guys, they have about 4 ruger 44s as of last time I was there a couple days a guy.

Rarely will you find a deal at Target World, but their selection is unbeatable.