Christmas present

illuminatus99

almost done shopping for the wife, I'd like to get her a new handgun, she's been complaining that my browning BDA is too bulky and heavy so I was thinking about getting her a little keltec .32 so she can throw it in a front pocket holster.

does anyone have one, and are they reliable? any better suggestions for a small, easily concealable handgun for around $300?

BamBam

The P-32 can be a fine pistol. However, many have to be returned to the factory for repair. Seems like if you're going to have problems, they usually show up in the first 250 rounds or so.

I have one, had problems, but am glad I bought the pistol. My problems showed up before 50 rounds.

Truly a light, compact pistol with lots of firepower for a mousegun. Plus, you can get your wife a pink one!

Another option would be a Beretta Jetfire (.25). Also very small but heavier because it's metal, not polymer. The Jetfire is single-action, has a safety and tip-up barrel that may be confusing to someone that dosen't shoot it often.

I have one of these, too, but prefer the power of the power, weight and simplicity of the P-32.

cslinger

If you wife really would appreciate a new handgun for Christmas...

I would suggest some kind of gift certificate or store credit so she can go and pick up just the right gun for her.

Sheslinger is very, very picky when it comes to handguns. She has pretty much only found three to be comfortable to her and we have pretty much been through the lot of them.

Better that your wife gets just what fits her instead of taking the chance on another uncomfortable gun.

All that being said what about a nice used SIG 232 or 230. Maybe a small revolver, the Itty Bitty Berettas seem to work pretty well and have that nifty tip up barrel but are just a bit too underpowered for me, then again I certainly wouldn't wanna get shot by one.

I have seen two Keltecs lock the slide up tight in the last six months so I just have a hard time recommending them. I know many of you have great ones and that this could happen to any gun but it just left an impression on me.

Chris