Christmas in July

packa45

So I moved from Wichita KS to Waco TX at the end of March. I was doing extremely well and hadn't been to the gun shop down the street since I moved. Then I woke up today and for no apparent reason headed straight for it. Twenty minutes later I was walking out with a new Ulta Compact Springfield 1911 from the Springfield custom shop. Who cares if it cost almost two months rent? You can't put a price tag on happiness. With my residency requirement for a CCW permit coming up in September I needed something to practice with and fill the void on my hip. The Taurus 24/7 was just not going to cut it. I've fallen in love with many guns before but this was love at first touch. I'd been shooting double stack DAO autos for way too long and miss the smaller width and smooth trigger pull of SA. Springfield lists the pull at 5-6 pounds but it doesn't feel like a hair over 3. I'm as giddy as a school girl. FWIW I passed on their Para p-14(I think) and 2 Colts. I didn't plan on this purchase and was really interested in a CZ-75 compact but he said he can't keep the XDs or CZs on the shelf. I spent $875 on this one and I'm sure I good have got a better price but all I was thinking about was this new Springfield and how nice it would be in my Don Hume IWB. I'll stop rambling and post some pics. Any recommendations on ammo brands for it? I have some gold dots and some ugly magtech hp that look like they were spray painted with gold paint. Right now it's loaded with magtech 230gr. fmj until I find a reliable HP for it. The factory night sights are great.

Click on pic for full size.

[URL=http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=DSCF0606.JPG]
DSCF0605.a99.th.JPG
[/URL]

From Spingfield site.
Custom Loaded Ultra-Compact 1911-A1

If you are looking for the ultimate in small size, the Ultra-Compact is our shortest slide and frame.

Stainless Steel PX9161L (Image)
Caliber: .45 ACP
Capacity: 6+1
Barrel: 3.5", 1:16 RH
Sights: Fixed Combat
Sight Radius: 5.1875"
Size: 32 ozs., 7" overall length
Trigger Pull: 5 to 6 lbs.
Magazines: 2
MSRP: $952