Christmas came early

G'day. Had a friend drop in today. He is leaving town and getting rid of a few things.
He gave me close to 3 kg of various powders.
About 1750 Federal small rifle primers.
Several hundred projectiles, various size.
30-06 Dies, Redding.
30-06 Neck, Simplex.
.243 Win Dies, RCBS.
.243 Win Neck, Simplex.
.270 Win Dies, Lee.
.22 Hornet FL Sizer, Pacific Durachrome.
Assortment of bits and pieces.
Brass, Some loaded.

javven

Next time you have a friend leave town - let me know and I'll send you a pre-paid label :)

Nice haul. Sorry to hear your friend is leaving.

G'day. This town has a high transient population. It is common for families to move here for a few years then move 'home'. That is also my intention.
My friend would better be described as an acquaintance. His wife taught my son in primary school. I was the only person in town that he could think of that was interested in reloading.

jal5

You really got a nice gift!

I got a wonderful gift today too. My uncle passed away recently and my cousin called today and told me that my cousins decided that their Dad would want me to have two black powder rifles that he built from kits many years ago. I don't know that he ever shot them but he was meticulous in any hobby he ever got into so I am sure these are in great condition. He had other modern firearms that his sons are splitting up for themselves and since I was so close to them and my uncle they wanted me to have these. I am delighted and cannot wait to pick them up, a real remembrance to me. One is a Kentucky long rifle and I am not sure what the other one is. It will be fun to research them and use them once I have my gunsmith check them out.

Joe