Christmas already?

BillCA

I'm thinking ahead and wondering what kind of "stocking stuffers" to get for my favorite shooters. I'm looking for good gun/shooting/ccw related items for $20 and under (not including tax).

What kind of stuff (besides piles of ammo!) would you folks like to find in your stocking for Christmas?

Old Shooter

I don't think I've EVER gotten out of a gun shop under $20.00- even my friend's shop.

How about a nice pair (or 2) of shooting glasses. Clear, Yellow, Tinted.

But I'd like a new range bag Santa.

Hal

If you have one of those odd lot type discounters that buy up store closeouts and unclaimed freight,,,keep an eye out for stuff like Break Free CLP. I scored what (would have) amounted to a lifetime supply of it for around $5 bucks years ago. IIRC, they had pint bottles (8 oz) for something like $.50 each.
Dumb dog got into it in the garage though and it's all gone.... :eek: :rolleyes:

Dave R

For a revolver--speedloaders.

For an autoloader--a magazine may bust $20, depending on type. But a speare mag or speedloader is always welcome.

Shoot, a box or two of ammo is always welcome.

utaherrn

if I know their favorite caliber

I'll usually get them a bunch of cleaning supplies like brushes, jigs, patches, plastic coated rods, etc.
Or, I'll go with generic (FMJ or RNL type) plinking ammo, extra magazines, ear muffs, a package or 2 of shoot-n-see targets, extra batteries for their sure fire flashlight if they have one, etc.

beats the crap out of socks or a necktie.

Sir William

My shooting club puts together "Shooter Packs". Monthly shoot "prizes" incentive. They are coupons for Gander Mountain, gift certificates from local shops, discounts on clothing, case of MREs, DVDs, grips, knives and services that might even include yard spraying. These are numbered and put in a envelope. The shooter registers and is assigned a number. The shooter is given the envelope that matches his registration. Everybody likes something for free. The FFLs like it because the shooter has to come into the store to pick up the items. The reason I mention it is, a little bit of searching in Sportsmans Guide or Cheaper Than Dirt will prove that a $10.00 gift certificate will buy quite a bit and they are on-line for everybody. Everybody needs a firearm cleaning station. Mine cost me about $10.00. A heavily magnetized metal tray, a small bread pan and a wood cutting board with a mouse pad.

Bill I have found the perfect gift.

Chech this out. This is perfiect for any shooter. It is an i-shot magazine storage pouch. I'm fixin to get a couple and will probably get the guys one as well.i-shot mag pouch

USP45usp

Hey, that's a good idea. Thanks for the link :).

One box of ammo would do fine with me. That's $9 to $12 that I have so I can buy a matching box :).

Wayne