Choosing the right "Wolff Spring"

Onslaught

I've noticed that a lot of you recommend using "Wolff" recoil springs to help reduce the felt recoil of your pistols. I just visited the Wolff site from a link posted in this forum, and now I have a question...

Which spring to use for recoil reduction?

They had reduced power, factory power, and extra power springs. Which of these springs, using factory ammo, would provide the recoil reduction I'm looking for?

Note: since some of you may ask "for which gun", it would apply to any I own, or may own later, but at this time, specifially regarding my wife's Kahr MK9 and the Kahr P9 that I'll be purchasing soon. More generally, for my HK USP45, the Glock 23 I may purchase later, or any gun I may buy and want to "tune up"

Thank you for all your help in all the dozens of posts I've put up.

Clark

The Wolff site explains how the best spring for a load is one that exjects the cases from 2 to 6'.

Too stiff a spring and the reciol is insufficient to eject the empty. Too limp a spring and the slide ejects the case a long ways and goes on to slam into the frame.

If the spring is very stiff, stiffer magazine and firing pin springs may also be required.

I have taken allot of semi auto pistols and loaded up just enough powder to keep them from jamming. I then put in the stiffest Wolff spring. I again measured the amount of powder in the load to cycle the action. Most guns are tuned up just right with the stiffest spring and a still pretty wimpy load.

Now when I buy a Wolff spring for a new gun, I get the stiffest they have. The surprise on some guns was that they would not feed with a wimpy mag spring and a stiff recoil spring. I have had to buy +10% magazine springs for some guns. Just new Wolff mag springs are ususlly all it takes as some mag springs are very wimpy.