Ching sling question?

bamaranger

Can someone please take a measurement of the length of the center section of a genuine Ching type sling and advise. What I am looking for is the actual length of the central strip, that runs from just ahead of the magazine, back to the main length of the fore/aft section of the sling itself. Essentially, that portion of the sling that makes it a Ching instead of a simple carry strap.

Do not need the measurement to include the swivels or studs, just the length of the strip itself. Am working one up DIY and need that measurement as a guide.

Thanks all

bamaranger

there ya go

Well......thanks. In hindsight, I suppose I could have searched it more thoroughly myself. I appreciate your response.

The Ching sling, and some of its kin like the Rhodesian sling, are shooting slings with a simpler, hence arguably faster to acquire afield, than the GI 1907 sling. They are commonly associated with the scout rifle family, but can be just as easily fitted to a standard sporter, provided there is a central attachment point for the middle strap.

I will cut my section 16". In the post, it mentions using a piece of chain link for the shackle, that's a good idea too.

T. O'Heir

That's just a single point target sling(a Cuff sling). A Ching Sling requires three connection points.
The length of the "central strip" can be whatever you want/need it to be.