Chinese Type 54 "Tokarev"

jaytex1969

I just scored one of these on a whim and, while I wait for it, thought I'd ask you to share your pro's and con's, likes and dislikes.

Also ammo comparisons for those who've had the experience. (commercial vs. surplus, brand A vs. brand B)

Thanks.

Jay

Screwball

Chinese Type 54 "Tokarev"

They are nice… guessing you got the one with the trigger safety. If so, get a Combloc trigger and swap it in.

mtAiVPW.jpg

I had a Yugo with a safety installed… which I liked (longer grip is good for big hands). But having a “correct” Tokarev is nicer. The Chinese guns out now are actually in pretty decent condition.

If you have one of the R Guns Tokarevs… the rear sight will likely be backwards. Just a heads up.

jaytex1969

This is what AIM is calling their X Grade. Some pitting beneath the last refurbishment guaranteed. No returns. Much better than I was expecting.

For two and a half "Benjamins" after tax, shipping and transfer, I'm satisfied (provided it goes BOOM, haha)

Mainly the top of the slide and just a bit under the frame where the import mark is has been affected. Some chatter on the feed ramp is concerning. Only the range will tell there.

Attachments

• 54a.jpg
    54a.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 88
  • 54b.jpg
    54b.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 54d.jpg
    54d.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 73

jaytex1969

More pics. Not sure how to get them :in: the body of the post.

Attachments

• 54e.jpg
    54e.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 54f.jpg
    54f.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 54
  • 54g.jpg
    54g.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 51

Nodak1858

I got my Aim X grade yesterday. I have more Tokarevs than I care to admit. I think these are a good price, especially since the frame is not milled for some cheesy safety. A new trigger and your never knew it had one.I bought a couple of the standard grades a while back, they look brand new.