Chicago area Shotgun Friendly Ranges?

Bruce626

The guy from SoCal got some good responses so I thought I'd try for my area. I'm looking for ranges that allow "Serious" (evil, ugly, shortbarrel, sidesaddled, syn-stock zero walnut) shotguns to shoot SHOTSHELLS.

I know about Midwest in Lyons which only allows slugs and Gun World in Bensonville which only allows slugs.

I've been to "The Site" west of Rockford which is a great range but is a 3 hour drive. I've heard about the range in Bloomington which is also a 2 to 3 hour drive.

Other than slugs-only pistol ranges, do you know of any ranges within 2 hours of Chi-town that allow shotshell shooting with Serious shotguns?

Coronach

Hey, I'm interested in this as well. I have a loved one that just migrated to Chicagoland who uses a scattergun as her HD weapon (since Daley won't allow her to have a handgun), and will need a place to practice, with shotshells.

Mike

lockandrock

That's interesting I thought gunwold off of York/Addison had allow buck at one time.

You might want to try Naperville/Aurora shooting center ( I think that's the name ). It located off Rt59 on NewYork road just west 1mile west . If you coming from the mall it right before the the next big traffic light and a little north of NewYork st. The place is new but very high priced. Something like $17 a hour to shoot and don't froget the FOID card.

ragingbull454

Hi guys:

There are a few shotgun ranges, but they only allow trapshooting/skeet shooting...They are Aurora Sportsman Club, St. Charles Sportsman Club, both in Elburn, Illinois. About 45-1 hour from Chicago loop.

There is also the Sycamore Sportsman Club. They have a trap range, pistol range, and rifle range...I'm thinking that you might be able to use slugs on the rifle range.

I'm glad there are people here from the Chicago area...been trying to find local people to shoot or even maybe do a little hunting with. If you're interested, please email me.

I hope this helps. Drop me an email if you need anything further. ecaff@att.net

Erick

2shots

Maywood Sportsman's Club is on County Line Road, near Elmhurst, and is open to non-members only for trap. Aurora Sportsman's Club is open to non-members only for trap shooting on Tuesday and Friday evenings. Their rifle range is for members only.

HSMITH

Drive north into WI. I do not know of a range in WI that is not friendly to buckshot. WI is only an hour north of downtown Chicago. If you need specific info let me know.

jb26

Naperville has a trap range just south of downtown. It is open to the public on Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon. I think they also have a place to pattern your gun, but not really any range to speak of.

Does anyone want to get together for a suburban range session?

XTARHEEL

Correction, make that Thursday. I just found out they are closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Since Fox Valley closed, does anyone know of any other public outdoor ranges in the Chicago area?

ragingbull454

There is West Chicago Gun Club, Aurora Sportsman Club, and St. Charles Sportsman Club. I had a bad experience at St. Charles club, but you may like it. Good luck to you.

Erick